Nanoha PSP English Patches

Remember the long running project to sub all the Nanoha PSP titles? Well, in case you forgot, that was going on in parallel with a project to actually get a real set of English patches for the games so people could play it for themselves.
If you’ve been wanting to play Battle of Aces and Gears of Destiny for yourself in English, well, now you finally have the chance.

Downloads

English Patch Only | English Patch + Extras (recommended)
Extras include exports of in-game OD, ED and monologue videos along with texture exports for both that include a lot of cool title cards.
Battle of Aces OST | Gears of Destiny OST

Credits

Translator: ItsumoKnight
Consulting: Kinsei
PSP Hacking: EsperKnight & Kotcrab
Art: Cargodin

If you’ve enjoyed the dive into the Nanoha PSP Duology, then send them a few words of thanks for their efforts in bringing these games and their stories to a wider audience.

This entry was posted in Releases, Shout Out! and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Nanoha PSP English Patches

1. 4th Dimension says:

Good job guys. That’s one less commitment on my part. Now I can finally get the rest of the story without having to translate it myself. 😉

2. ShinWitty says:

Awesome!

Now if only I was any good at them.

3. 4th Dimension says:

Well, I managed to finish the game. And even beat Nanoha in Sequence 06, where the TRUE BOSS battle lies 😀

4. 4th Dimension says:

And I’m TERRIBLE at anything requiring hand eye coordination. It just takes time to get to know how things are done. And game does skill GATE you at several places. Like Sequence 05 U-D fight is basically asking the question: Do you know countering PUNK? And will let you through even if you most likely loose, but that fight is REALLY beatable and EASIEST U-D fight even.

5. thundabreaka says:

This is wonderful except…the battery on my PSP is all jacked up from the Pandora Mode…

6. HakenForm says:

Hello, if it’s not bothering you, I want to point out a little translation issue regarding the Liese twins. In Japanese, their names are rendered as リーゼロッテ and リーゼアリア, with no ・ to point out which is the surname and which one is the given name. This is because their names are actually Lieselotte and Liesearia, with “Lotte”, “Aria” and “Liese” being their nicknames. If Liese was their surnames, not only would they be the only Familiars to have surnames at all, their names would be in Eastern order too, which wouldn’t make much sense since their master is Brittish and his name is written in Western order. I can understand that misunderstandment since it has existed for years and almost every character, including the twins themselves, calls them by their nicknames. Amy is the only character I know who calls them by their real names.
    Should you ever update the patch in the future, maybe keep that in mind.

7. Wow this is amazing, excellent work by everyone involved in this project.

I might get to play them one day, very busy with work and everything else going on in real life.

Either way this will make many people happy.

8. redarx says:

woah, nice! There goes my weekend hahaha

9. yoyo says:

10. izurax says:

Does it work if I play with ppsspp? I already downloaded the Gear of Destiny patch but what am I supposed to do?

11. 4th Dimension says:

@izurax Yes it does.
    1. You need to have an ISO of the original Gears of Destiny game. Either acquire it legaly and make an ISO or visit the charming Jolly Roger flying folks to get an ISO.
    2. Get the patch. And unzip it somewhere.
    3. Drag and drop the ISO over the script named “Drag and drop ISO on me” in GoD folder of the patch.
    4. The patcher will run and at the end it will make a new ISO and place it next to the script. This is the ISO of the patched game.
    5. Load the patched ISO from PPSSPP and enjoy. Note, only the story bit is translated, so menu’s and everything else is in Japanese.

12. Riku L says:

I thought I would never see these get english patches. Thank you very much!

13. Mark Aguado says:

help how can i patch the gears of destiny using xdelta

14. yoyo says:

15. yoyo says:

Here https://nyaa.si/view/1028120 is Ron’s version for Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Reflection

But I will wait for your subs 😀

16. 4th Dimension says:

I kinda doubt they’ll do their own version given The Ron (and others) have already done the cleaning.

@Mark Aguado:
    What do you mean, “using xdelta”? You don’t need any tools to apply the patch. You just need the ISO image which you literally drag and drop into the patcher and it does it’s thing without any imput from you.