Updates, Updates part 2. [Looking for Raw Cleaners/Redrawing Artists]

The chapter will be delayed further, on the other hand there are different fingersWe’re still looking for cleaners or redrawing artists. We’re currently stuck at 27 (even if we have everything proofread until 32) because we don’t have a raw cleaner or an artist who can redraw. If someone can please apply with a sample of their redrawing skills. It will really REALLY smoothen and fasten our releases. Thank you!

Our Quality checker has spotted inconsistency in translations and I’ll be fixing them soon. They’re still quality checking the rest of the pages so I have to apologize that things will still be stalled.

However, it took us this long to chuck out an update, I won’t release it until everything is consistent and well.

I apologize for all of the delay. Please understand.

Satsuki

About orange03

I am an avid fan of YukaNana I mean, Tamura Yukari and Mizuki Nana. And of course the whole franchise of the Nanoha series, and most importantly NanoFate.
This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Updates, Updates part 2. [Looking for Raw Cleaners/Redrawing Artists]

1. Leipuri Hiiva says:

How is the translation of chapter 28 going, or are you working with the OSP?
    Redrawing is pain in the ass. I could do it, but I don’t want to do it.

2. K. says:

Um. I think Satsuki-san just posted that they have everything proof read until 32… So most obviously… They already have it translated. :]

3. Leipuri Hiiva says:

I thought she meant the page 32… But if you have already translated so far, then why don’t I have the scripts?

4. PrimeSonic says:

Yeah, the scripts are ready as far as I know. I’ll pass this around in case there are any people I can reach that might be able to help.

5. Kinsei says:

Yeah, I’ve translated, well, everything available for both ViVid and OSP, so…

Anyway, what were these translation inconsistencies? You know, so I can not do them in the future.

6. Leipuri Hiiva says:

Other chapters would be ready by now… oh man D:

7. Leipuri Hiiva says:

Is it 5 chapters of Vivid and 3 chapters of Oriental Sacred Place? 8 in total? Am I the only typesetter or do I get a workmate? :3

8. Satsuki says:

There are no raws. Without raws, you will not get the script. Like I said, we need cleaners. You don’t want to do it. I won’t force you, then we go slow. Also, as for OSP, no one is interested in proofreading so I’m doing that.

9. CybeastGregarX says:

I’m still very patient so don’t worry guys

10. Leipuri Hiiva says:

>There are no raws.
    I have already good quality raws. (no .png sry)
    Here’s an example: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2570/012mh.jpg

If you don’t have the raws then, how did you translate everything?
    hurr durr…

11. Satsuki says:

I’m nor sure if you’re seriously stupid or seriously arguing with me. There no cleaned raws, thus you won’t get them unless you start cleaning them yourself.

12. Satsuki says:

13. NotForYouToKnow says:

No need to apologize, your efforts are greatly appreciated.
    Keep it up. Looking forward to whenever the release happens.

14. Setsuna F Seiei says:

Really all I’m able to do is tweak the values so the raw is whiter and replace the text in the word bubbles. I have no clue how to redraw stuff, nor am I some one who thinks that’s particularly necessary (notes on the side are good enough for me).

Wish I could help you out but I can only wait patiently in the meantime.

15. Leipuri Hiiva says:

You have better quality raws? I might start cleaning if we get a typesetter to replace me.

16. FPSdude1234 says:

I’m curious, Satsuki, how important is it to have someone redraw the raws?

17. Leipuri Hiiva says:

If Satsuki insists that we need a redrawer, I’ll do it. I wouldn’t want to, but looks like there’s no other option. I also need my monthly dose of ViViD.

I’m not going to do two jobs here so someone has to take my place as a typesetter/an editor. If you have never typeset before, here’s the instructions how-to-do-it:

Fonts you can easily found from http://ufonts.com/
    (There are other sites too.)

18. Satsuki says:

Nice question. It’s like this,

Our raws are borrowed from lyrical.cn. What we have to draw are texts on images like skills and such. They also have their credits on the 2nd page most of the time ans of course we have to remove them.

It’s important because the typesetting would get cluttered if we don’t redraw them. Then it would be hard for readers to identify the skills properly. 🙂

19. Satsuki says:

I can hire Setsuna up there, if you want. We don’t have better raws (yet, from localhost). If you’re redrawing, you’re redrawing the raws you get when you edit.

20. Setsuna F Seiei says:

The threads at show.nanohas.com have the Japanese raws so if you used those you wouldn’t need to deal with lyrical.cn’s credits. The images are slightly smaller, though.