Updates, Updates, Updates 3.

We’re still in need of the same people!

———-

On another hand, raws for Chapter 28 has been cleaned but I’ve sent it into TL Check so I haven’t given it to my very awesome editor yet. So there are no progresses for ViVid yet.

Regarding the Gears of Destiny Manga

— We’ve decided that we’re going to scanlate it, if there are raws. I haven’t seen any raws anywhere, so if you do have some, please do post them! If not then… oh well…

As for Oriental Sacred Place:

I’m still finishing proofreading them, and I’ll send them to the editor soon so we can finally finish this series. :3

— Satsuki

About orange03

I am an avid fan of YukaNana I mean, Tamura Yukari and Mizuki Nana. And of course the whole franchise of the Nanoha series, and most importantly NanoFate.
This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Updates, Updates, Updates 3.

1. CybeastGregarX says:

I never knew of a GoD manga until recently and I am pumped for it! 😀

On a side note if there are no Raws then someone is either gonna Net digging or have to go to Japan and do some book hunting

2. Solanthus says:

Hum, the GoD manga will go out in July I think, that’s why there are no raw.
    On an other hand, raw for Vivid vol.7 are out here: http://raw1st.com/mahou-shoujo-lyrical-nanoha-vivid/

3. Setsuna F Seiei says:

I have the Gears of Destiny artbook and that has a manga and some 4koma at the end. If there’s interest I’d be willing to try and scan them. Some one just has to tell me how I can do so without it looking like shit…

4. Vivio says:

Unfortunately as far as I know, the only way to scan book perfectly is to cut the glued perfect binding part of that book and scan it page by page. Some people I knew that providing raw online usually have two copies (at least) for the same book as they would use one of them for scanning while the other for collecting.

5. biggbran77 says:

I just wanna say thanks for the update. Some sites don’t tell you anything and you end up with no idea what’s going on, so just saying the info is appreciated.

6. orange03 says:

Alright Thank you for that information!

7. orange03 says:

it’s like what Vivio said, that’s how the scanlating process goes. However if you want to scan something of your quality, it’ll be fine as well as long as it’s readable and editable it’ll be fine. But I won’t want you to break your book just for that though.

8. orange03 says:

You’re welcome. 🙂

9. Setsuna F Seiei says:

Yeah, I knew that would get the best results, but I meant when I actually scan stuff it doesn’t look so good. I’m not sure what the actual lingo is, but here’s a page I scanned:

10. orange03 says:

It doesn’t look entirely bad to me. With some skills at editing and cleaning, it should look like a good raw.

11. Setsuna F Seiei says:

Okay, so I scanned the whole thing (13 pages + cover). Hope you decide to use it: http://www.mediafire.com/?uzoa7bst2tti7xr

12. dotsusama says:

Definitely appreciate the update! I skimmed the lyrical.cn site for up to the latest chapter and I am PUMPED for more action!

My question to you guys: have you ever considered just releasing the script so that those of us waiting could read up without having to wait for the cleaning and typesetting? This is what happens on other projects I follow from time-to-time when there are huge delays (like Wild and Horned Hermit).

I’m just curious.

That said, I’ve never done any cleaning for something of this scale, but I have removed text bubbles and redrawn images for icons for fandom purposes and coloring. I don’t have any full page samples, but here are some icon-sized images cleaned and cropped from the StrikerS manga:

(Please keep in mind that these are NOT from raws, they are from scanlated pages, which were originally in JPEG, so while I tried to despeckle, the compression artifacts are not my fault. ^^; )

13. orange03 says:

Hello, sorry for the late reply. I could barely check the comments and pending ones. We don’t want to release the script as to sometimes the delay are replies from the proofreaders (for consistency) and not at the editing part. So… I’m sorry we cannot do this, however. >_< About being a cleaner, we already have one to clean pages. \o/ but if we need more I'll definitely inform you. :3

14. dotsusama says:

Understood. I thought there would be no harm in asking at least. Please keep me in mind. I am looking forward to future releases!